We hike into Lao-qi-jia tribe located at Pingtung county. The start of Lao-qi-jia tribe can be traced back to an aboriginal Paiwan tribe 300 years ago. Nowadays, there are around 50 stone slab houses left, and only a few people still live in the tribe. Terraced tribe environment, the stone slab house, the stone slab trails, the blue sky, mountains and clear creek form a wonderland, and those are precious heritages in Taiwan. Experience the traditional life of Paiwan tribe; taste tribal meal. Furthermore, the traditional sculpture on the front door of aboriginal leader’s house or the hunting outcomes, animal bones, hanging outside the house of warriors all records the exploits in the past time. Let’s follow the local’s step into the tribe, listening to legendary stories one after another, and bring all the touching memories back home!
Aboriginal historical relics preserved for hundreds of years—terraced tribe and stone slab houses
Strolling at stone slab houses and the forest around, just like you are walking in a wonderland.
Experience the traditional aboriginal house and lifestyle, and listen to the legends about the clansmen.
- The activity is a long-distance tour; hence, participators should consider physical condition. Please wear the clothes suitable for outdoor activity, such as sneakers (or hiking shoes), hat, crutch. Also, please check the weather report if need to bring an umbrella.
- Please prepare enough water. To protect mountain environment, picnic is not allowed. Please bring the trash back, and do not litter.
- Please report 5-10 minutes early, and please arrange your own transport to the meet up point.
- The activity is a humanity and ecology tour. Since there will be 3 hours walking tour, please consider your own physical condition.
- Activity object: The one with well physical status, without major disease. The children under 12-year-old can participate only if the parents can accompany.
- After registration, if you can not participate due to personal reason, the money will not be refunded. However, you can transfer the quota, and inform us 3 days prior the tour.
The cost includes ：
- Tour Guide
- Tribal Meal
If make cancellation 7 days prior the departure day, 100% of tour fee will be refunded.
If make cancellation 4-7 days prior the departure day, 70% of tour fee will be refunded.
If make cancellation 3 days prior the departure day, no tour fee will be refunded.
If the activity is suspended due to the cause which can not be ascribed to the organizer, no refund will be issued.
Tripbaa will inform you of postponement or refund if there is any force majeure.