Hand puppet (Chinese：布袋戲) is a type of opera using cloth puppets that originated during the 17th century in Quanzhou or Zhangzhou of China's Fujian province, and historically practised in the Min Nan-speaking areas such as Quanzhou, Zhangzhou, the Guangdong region of Chaoshan, and other parts of southern China. It had since established itself more firmly and contemporarily as a popular art form in Taiwan.
Take this opportunity, travel expert comment the history of Hand Puppet in Taiwan :
- Traditional Hand Puppet：It originated in Fujian, a province of China during the late Ming and early Qing dynasties.
- Golden Light Puppet：In the 50s, in order to attract more audience, the puppeteers in Taiwan decided to create the size of the puppets and add modern music, lights and special effects in the performance.
- TV Hand Puppet：In the 1970s, a new style of puppetry started to appear on TV. The puppets are bigger, more gorgeous and more delicate. It has become very popular among the young generation in Taiwan
Part 1 – Main Show
- Story Line：The Mayor and the Lion.
- Scene 1：A funny mayor greets the audience
- Scene 2：Two boys perform Chinese kungfu
- Scene 3：The lion strolls around, sleeps, tumbles, greets and then loses its temper.
- Scene 4：The mayor plays with the lion.
- Scene 5：A cannibal monster claims that he is afraid of any hard rocks that you throw…
Part 2 – Introduction of Taiwanese Hand Puppet and to learn traditional one，every guest can learn how to perform with puppets.
Part 3 – Invite you up on the stage to perform.
- To join the performance on the stage and experience “Taiwan Hand Puppet” with us.
Taiwan Hand Puppet show + delicious traditional Taiwanses dish
To join the performance on the stage and experience “Taiwan Hand Puppet”
Language：English & Chinese
3 different practice of Hand Puppet performance
Special performance for birthday party
1.the Minimum size is 2 persons.There will be additional charge followed if theminimum size is not reached or a private tour is requested.
2.Please make reservation for group ticket in advance
3.China new year Holiday off 3 days (New Year's Eve - 3 days)
4.Please note :child -safety,
5.Don't running,jumping or noisy
The cost detail
The cost includes ：
1 .Watch puppetry
2. Learn puppetry skills even speak
3. Experience performing on stage (some who are interested)
4. Meals, drinks
The cost does not include：
If make cancellation 7 days prior the departure day, 100% of tour fee will be refunded.
If make cancellation 4-7 days prior the departure day, 70% of tour fee will be refunded.
If make cancellation 3 days prior the departure day, no tour fee will be refunded.
If the activity is suspended due to the cause which can not be ascribed to the organizer, no refund will be issued.
Tripbaa will inform you of postponement or refund if there is any force majeure.
This is basically a tiny little rather rundown setup tucked away in some side road. You eat, watch the puppet show, play with the puppets and try them out. It was run by only 3 people, the friendly owner, a lady doing the cooking (wife?) and a very smiley young man.For some reason, the family ranked it as the most enjoyable thing we did in our Taiwan trip. We enjoyed the explanation, the simple puppet show, the old place cluttered with puppets and we applaud their efforts to promote this interesting ancient craft as well as to fuse it with the popular contemporary art of cos-play. The food was decent and the servings were generous.
FromAustralia ‧ 2015-08-20
Meet point：1F,No.2,Alley 16,Lane 41,Sec2,Nanking Road,Taipei City